Friday, March 17, 2017

History Day Reflection

My NHD project was a documentary on the history and fall of the Berlin Wall, and the fall of the Communist government in Eastern Europe. A documentary is a movie or video that covers a topic, like a report. A part of the project I really liked was when I was editing my media. I liked being able to cut and splice the videos to add on to the project. I think the most interesting thing I learned about the Berlin Wall was that people, were unsure if they wanted it to fall, and another thing is that Communism wasn't planned out to be a bad system, it just never lived up to it's potential.

The hardest part of this whole experience in my opinion, and no one else did documentary to share my pain, was trying to get narration in an Imovie, because you can't just upload GarageBand voice projects into Imovie. I had to waste two whole days getting the perfect narration, and I couldn't even use it! All ranting aside, the narration part was really the most stressful part of this entire ordeal.

I believe I evolved as a student because I problem solved to get this whole thing done, especially when I had to figure out how to get voiceover on Imovie. I'm technically not going to history day, but one thing I can improve on are voiceover sound quality. I'm most proud of my finished product, as it runs relatively smooth and is pretty well rounded. 

This topic relates to history day because it outlines how the both sides of Germans were equally proud of their stand, and they stood up for themselves. If I had any suggestions to myself and others, it would be, never, EVER, make a movie for a time constrained project. It's just going to stress you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment